Friday, June 5, 2009

Pride!!!!!!!!!!


I got a letter from Taylor's kindergarten teacher yesterday thanking us for the end of year gift that we had given her. To provide you with some background information......this teacher is a delight. She is always complimentary and very little. I mean little! She literally is just about 6" taller than her students. As a teacher myself, I often wondered if that was an advantage or a disadvantage. Anyway......I digress!



I know that alot of people find pride in their children simply because they represent the "best" of themselves. BUT I find myself in a unique position with my oldest. Taylor is "one of those" kids. He is great with adults, extremely compassionate and very, very bright. He is systematic and self structured. He taught himself how to read with very little help from us. When I would ask him how his day was at school, he would with great concern and empathy, give us the run down on all the misbehavior in the class and the outcomes for each. At first I thougth he was becoming a tattletail but I quickly realized that it really did distress him. That continued all year!



I say all that to say this.......in the note from his teacher she said this......"Taylor is one of those rare sponges that teachers come across that make teaching fun and a priviledge." I am amazed at my son! Then she said......."I was so thankful that God found it permissible to bless me with Taylor in my class this year." Now someone could say, " Oh you were one of thooooose parents. You know the parent who always hovered over the teacher and made her feel like she was under a microscope. " And to that I can honestly and emphatically say, I do not have the time to babysit a teacher or nit-pick. He has created this reputation on his own. I knew this was a reality when we attended Taylor's kindergarten graduation. He recieved all the academic awards possible and also received the "most Christ-like" award.



Now having said that, I would like everyone to know that I am not gloating (at least not shamefully). I just am in awe of the blessing God has given me called Taylor Alexander Pate. There is so much good in him and God put him together perfectly. As I say that I get a little frightened for him. With all that good comes the devil's determination to twist the beauty in Taylor and make the evil around him so potent. I have to say....."I rebuke the devil in Jesus' name over Taylor's future!" He is a child made perfectly by God with an amazing future and we speak productivity and a rich relationship with God into his life. I want to be the type of parent that can nurture and guide him the way he needs for me to.



"Taylor....you are a blessing and have made my life more rich than I can even express. Continue baby to follow the path of the righteous. It always leads to peace and God's blessings. I love you"- Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment