Monday, May 18, 2009

I love my kids!

Recently my church has been doing a series on parenting and what that really means. The premise is that our children have three major relationship arenas that influence how they view God. I must admit I am so convicted about this topic!!!!!! It's not that I don't exhibit God infront of them or talk about God with them but I am not nearly as intentional as I should be in this regard. Taylor, my oldest, is 6 and is very sensitive to matters of the spiritual nature. (I think he has a pastorial calling on his life but I will let him figure that out.) I want to publically make a commitment to read with them out of the Bible at least 3 night a week. Now, I have always prayed with them before bed and now that there are 3 of them I think some corporate prayer is in order.

"Lord Jesus........I want my children to know You and be known by You! That is my prayer and now... this day.... I pray....God....continually stimulate my mind with ways to teach my angels about You and what it means to live this Holiness life in front of them. I am thankful for the child blessings you have given me in form of Taylor, Izzy and Ethan and pledge to you to bring them up to know You and be known by You."

No comments:

Post a Comment